Thursday 29 June 2017

Author Interview: S.R. Mitchell

I'm delighted to welcome author S.R. Mitchell to the blog for a chat. Her latest book Shifted by Fate was published in May.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your writing journey?
I am a born and raised Texas gal.  I am a mother of three, a wife, and writer!

I have always loved to write since a young and really fell in love with writing, at a deeper level, in high school. 

If you had to describe Shifted by Fate in one sentence, what would it be?
A story of two people finding each other and overcoming obstacles against the odd; surrounded by fantasy and magic.

What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
This story, once in your head, I had to write. It was my first werewolf shifter story which made it exciting.

What’s your preferred method of writing? Pen or keyboard?
Keyboard! I do write ideas, main characters and their attributes, along with major details down as reference, but story I write directly on computer.

How do you select the names of your characters?
I just go with what feels right. I like names that match what I'm trying to portray in the characters attitude and personality. 

What did you edit out of this book?
When I edit and revise a story, I usually end up adding thousands of words and elaborating on story elements or flesh out characters.

What is your favourite part of this book?
Everything lol

What inspired you to write Shifted by Fate?
It started with a crazy dream I had one night and grew from there.

What does your family think of your writing?
They are very supportive of me and many of my family members read my books. ❤

What do you like doing when you are not writing?
I love spending time with my family and friends, spending time in my veggies garden, reading, or crocheting.

What is your favourite book genre?
Historical Romance and Paranormal Romance 

What are your current projects?
I am currently working on book three of you Highland Chance Series, A Chance to Love a Highlander, and a sequel to Shifted by Fate!

A Chance to Love a Highlander is due to release this August followed by the box set!!

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
All books are available on Kindle, Nook, iBook, and Kobo. I would love for you to follow me!!! I'm on Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads. 


Many thanks to Sarah for taking the time to do the interview!


Shifted by Fate
by S.R. Mitchell
Publisher: Createspace
Publication Date: 15 May 2017
Cover Designer: Cassy Roop Cover Designer
Genre: Paranormal


Kelly had a history of picking the wrong guy, but destiny had its own twisted plan for her.
She could not change what destiny had in store for her, but she could learn to accept it.
With change came Eric and he was one-hundred percent Alpha bad boy.
Kelly Knew one thing when it came to Eric...
He drove her absolutely crazy.

Eric knew as soon as he scented her, and her smell invaded his senses, that she was his mate.
An alpha did not let go of his mate for anything.... she was his.
He would fight for her.
He would guide her.
He would love her.

And with other wolves now after her... he would protect her at all cost.








Author Bio:


Author of Historical Romance, Historical Paranormal Romance, and Contemporary Paranormal Romance.
I am a Texas born Born, wife, mother, and writer.
I love writing words to enchant you soul and fill your heart with love... 


No comments:

Post a Comment